Vermont-based Loom Ensemble has gathered together local dancers and professional theatermakers to devise an outdoor dance-theater performance, to share with local community here in the Upper River Valley, sponsored by Open Door Integrative Wellness of White River Junction.
5 outdoor performances in 3 different cities!
Performance Schedule and Locations:
- July 10th & 11th at 6pm - Lyman Point Park, White River Junction, VT
- July 16th at 6pm - Hubbard Park, Montpelier, VT (Sponsored by Hanna Satterlee Productions with support from a Montpelier Community Fund grant)
- July 17 & 18 at 6pm - Living Memorial Park, Brattleboro, VT (In partnership with SoBo Dance)
Twenty Twenty: Wildfires choke the air, police steal breath, and disease invades the lungs. Can your lizard-brain tell the difference between the national threat of fascism and low-grade personal conflict? Mine can’t. Twenty Twenty-One: We are coming back together, to heal through song and laughter, and dance-into-being a more beautiful world.
Twenty Twenty / Twenty Twenty-One moves the grief up and out, to mourn the intersecting crises of 2020 and collectively imagine the better world we want to steer toward (far from “back to normal”). This movement initiates from the lungs as the site of interconnectedness, the organ of grief, the target of covid infections, the choke of wildfires, and the cry of social (in)justice: “I can’t breathe.” Lush visual design, and the nourishment of participatory ceremony and song returns us to our rightful selves, knitting together audience and performers as we live-into being the more beautiful world our hearts know is possible.
- General Admission - $15
- Students - $10
- BIPOC - “Pay what you wish”
Tickets also available for cash "at the door"
We will be practicing social distancing during these events.
- For telephone assistance to purchase tickets, call 845-379-1851
- All venues are wheelchair-accessible from the parking lot to the performance location.
- Folding chairs provided.
- With more specific accessibility questions, please contact Raphael@LoomEnsemble.com